Saturday, October 25, 2008

Fair Photos - Santa and the Moon

Today is the first of my ribbon winners. There was a category at the fair called "Other," and since I couldn't fit this one into any of the "other" categories, it went into the "Other" category and took 3rd Place. I honestly don't remember the competition in this very diverse category, but obviously two "other" photos were deemed better. That's okay, just glad to be in there.

This photo was taken from my deck in November, 2007, so it really wasn't Santa. I used my longest telephoto, 300mm with a 1.7x teleconverter, and the smallest aperture of f40. Even so, it had to be cropped a little to better fill the frame. The reindeer, etc. are leaves hanging on a sweet gum tree about 200 feet from the deck. I took several, but this was by far the most interesting.


SANTA AND THE MOON

2 comments:

Virginia said...

You had me fooled! I thought it was Rudolph! What fair did you enter photographs in? Your photos are just great.
BTW, did you say you volunteer at Highland? So do you have set day you go? Would like to meet you and thank you in person for your nice comments on my blog. I haven't been in several weeks and must get back there this week.
cheers!
V

Eeyore said...

virginia,
I really thought it was Rudolph too, but somehow Santa and the Moon seemed a catchier title. I entered them in the little old Shelby County Fair in Columbiana, and though they don't have a lot of room, they did have some very decent photos.
I volunteer at Highlands every Thursday, when I can and that's most of them, for the Project ID between 11 and 12.
Larry