Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Ft. Worth Zoo - Flamingo Resting and Hyacinth McCaw

Two more birds from the Ft. Worth Zoo, and maybe I'll go on to something else. Or maybe I'll just have to put up another one.

First is an American Flamingo, tucking his head the way they do, and barely peeking out at me, and you.


Next is a Hyacinth McCaw. They had a pair of these guys just sitting out on a perch. As long as anyone was looking at them, one would spread his wings and wave them slowly, sort of like he was saying, "See how big I can be!" As soon as the crowd moved on, he'd stop, but he would start up again if anyone else came along. He looks a little cocky to me.



2 comments:

Rob said...

Wow, that is a pretty blue and yellow shades.

Eeyore said...

No saturation push either. They were solid blue. I don't know if I've ever seen one like that before.