Monday, January 2, 2012

A Snail's Pace II

A few days ago I lamented the fate of a poor snail (here) which had tried to cross our driveway on a cold night and did not make it.  Yesterday I spotted what I thought was that same snail about 15 feet away from his previous predicament, and lo, he had a fresh slime trail.  Closer examination convinces me it's his twin brother, and not the original snail, however.
I flipped this one over temporarily to have a look inside, and he looks all fresh and ready to go on a rollicking two foot venture the next night.  Perhaps my lament for the first one was premature.  I guess they have to be able to take the weather around here, or they wouldn't be around here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Excellent goods from you, man. I have understand your stuff previous to and you are just extremely Excellent. I actually like what you have acquired here, really like what you are saying and the way in which you say it. You make it enjoyable and you still care for to keep it smart. I cant wait to read much more from you. This is really a terrific site.
Izzo The Giant Jr. Hitting Net (9- x 7- Feet Hitting Area)